Could you offer a home to an animal?
As well as offering a home on site for the remainder of the lives of our animals, we are also happy to rehome them when possible. This helps us to get a perfect home for an animal and free up space to rescue more in need. We will only consider adoption to the perfect home. Each case is different and will be treated accordingly.
Cats & Dogs
Although primarily we are a sanctuary for equines and farm animals we do rescue and rehome a huge amount of cats and dogs. If you are considering adopting a new family member please get in touch to see what we have available at the moment. All of our animals will be rehomed to responsible homes only. All of our cats and dogs will be castrated and vaccinated prior to adoption. Except on some particular occasions with younger or sick animals with strict agreements that this will be done when the time is right.
Little family friends
Smaller animals such as guinea pigs, rabbits, ducks and chickens are also available if the home available is appropriate for the animals needs. We do not adopt out turtles, birds, tortoises or reptiles.
All equines will be rehomed with a personalised contract that will be arranged prior to adoption. Prospective homes must agree to provide the equine with a home for life, however if something unforeseen arises the equine must return to Tenerife Horse Rescue. This agreement helps both horse and home as we are here to find the perfect future lives for our equines.
What we look for in a potential home.
- You must be over 18 years of age or with the consent and responsibility of a parent/guardian.
- Understanding and patient outlook to horse care. Horse first approach.
- Horses only available as companion horses or pleasure riders. Not suitable for heavy competitive/discipline centred riding.
- Financially secure enough to look after an equine and their health needs.
- Have experience at loaning/owning an equine or being fully involved in the day to day care of an equine.
- Have an appropriate place to keep the equine.
- Have another equine or board at a place with other equines.
- We do not rehome equines to places with only stable/single paddocks.
If you feel that you are able to offer a home, please get in touch with us regarding your chosen horse and to arrange a meeting here and then a home visit.
If your home visit goes well and you are happy with the horse and the horse is happy with you.
We can then talk further about making a personalised plan for you and your future horse. We are always only a phone call away for any questions and support.
We will make sure you and your horse are supported. Our horses are our main priority to keep them happy and safe.